Saturday, July 11, 2009

SCRAPPING KINDLE



So the Kindle thing ended up being kind of a bust. I think with conversion software it would be a lot easier, but I haven't been able to find any such software that runs on a Mac. It seems the only way to end up with correct indents (even when everything looks fine from my end) is by adding html to entire manuscript, or by hiring someone else to format. Someone who can run conversion software.

I hope the time spent editing wasn't wasted. Even before wrapping up the edit of Bad Karma, I was questioning the wisdom of putting it on Kindle. Right now I've scrapped the Kindle idea completely and am talking with an ebook publisher, so we'll see what comes of that.

As far as Kindle goes, I would say if you have a Mac, or know nothing about formatting, hire someone to convert your material and expect to pay a minimum of $200.00.

In the meantime, I'm making my nonfiction visible again on this blog. Still can't decide what to do with it!

2 comments:

  1. How much is the software for PC and where would one get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi heather! sorry for the late reply. been away from the computer today. here's the one someone recommended to me:
    http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/help/index.php?page=html/ebook.htm

    not sure about the cost. i was thinking it was free, but i might be thinking of something else.

    ReplyDelete