Friday, March 4, 2011

APPLES

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Hardly any time to blog or tweet. I'm being vain, wishing my hair didn't look horrible because I'm flying to New York to meet my editor and various people in the publishing house. Hopefully have a drink with my wonderful agent and hug her hard. And I have to give a five minute talk at an event. Last year's speaker was Tina Fey. No pressure. For someone who rarely does readings and hardly ever steps out of my writing cave...well, this could be interesting.

I've been around long enough to know how unusual all of this is, and I'm not sure I'm ever going to grasp going from being unable to get anyone to even read The Orchard to what is beginning to look like some pretty major backing. The good news keeps coming. I try not to get my hopes up, and yet at the same time I tell myself I might as well enjoy the sense of anticipation no matter what happens down the road. The best time is often before the book comes out. Like waiting for Christmas.

The cover is beautiful. The back is beautiful too. A red apple. Genius!



I had to shut off the comment section because of spam. I'll probably turn it back on for a couple of days after each new post, then shut it down again.

3 comments:

  1. A year from now, Tina Fey will be telling her friends, "you know, *I* spoke at that same event that Theresa Weir did. Do you believe it?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and sharp cover, man. Really pulls attention to the center of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jason, i appreciate the pep talk. :D

    i love the cover. love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete