Monday, June 28, 2010

Dark and Disorderly by Bernita Harris

Online friendships are weird. Some of my...let's call them hardcopy friends, don't consider online friendships real friendships. I do. It's a different kind of friendship, but a friendship nonetheless. Sometimes the online friendships don't hold up in the real world. Other times, when you finally meet the person face-to-face, not a beat is skipped. But that's something to explore in another post.

Bernita Harris and I have been online friends for at least six years. Although we've never met in person, I can easily imagine hanging out with Bernita in her backyard garden. So I was so excited when I heard that Bernita had sold to Carina Press. Her first book, Dark and Disorderly, comes out today. It's been getting rave reviews. I just downloaded my copy from Amazon, and can't wait to read it!



Dark and Disorderly

Description:
"I was standing there naked when my dead husband walked into my bathroom..."

Lillie St. Claire is a Talent, one of the rare few who can permanently dispatch the spirits of the dead that walk the earth. Her skills are in demand in a haunted country, where a plague of ghosts is becoming a civic nuisance.

Those skills bring her into conflict with frightened citizens who view Talents as near-demons. Her husband comes to see her as a Freak; so when Nathan dies after a car crash, she is relieved to be free of his increasingly vicious presence. Lillie expects to be haunted by Nathan's ghost, but not to become Suspect #1 for her husband's murder and reanimation.

But what's most surprising of all is the growing attraction between her and psi-crime detective John Thresher. He thinks that Lillie killed Nathan—and Nathan must agree, because his zombie is seeking revenge. Now she and Thresher must work together to solve her husband's murder—before his corpse kills her...

6 comments:

  1. Yes, Anne, I think we'd be comfortable with each other.
    And I know you will understand certain small things in D&D.
    Thank you. I hope you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I'll get it as soon as it's available for the Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm... it looks like Amazon isn't making Carina books available. I did a search for Carrie Lofty's book -- which I know was available there -- and it says currently not available.

    I wonder what's up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. i bought bernita's yesterday from Amazon. Also bought Kelly's from Amazon. There is something weird about having to search through the kindle books rather than just books. try that if you haven't! oh, that's weird! i just tried that and i see what you mean. i'm guessing an amazon glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's available again -- just got it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Bernita! Now that I'm home from vacation, I'm heading over to buy it.

    ReplyDelete