Friday, June 22, 2012

Time Suck

I'd planned to blog about Jerome, Arizona, today, but I fell into that black hole known as cover and ad design. I have no real talent for this kind of thing, and I don't know what I'm doing, so I poke around until I figure a few things out. I'm stubborn, so I don't give up (when I actually should give up), and consequently this takes all day.  My main goal is to produce something that isn't embarrassing.  Ha.  This is what happens when writers wear so many hats. We don't have nearly as much time to write because we are designing and formatting and promoting and and editing and proofing. I was trying to figure out how much time I spend writing.  Years ago, before blogs, I spent 100% of my work day writing. Then I began blogging and that writing time dropped to maybe 70 or 80%.  Then 50%.  Then came Facebook and Twitter, etc, and all of the DIY that now goes along with writing. I'm guessing that I spend 5% of my time writing. But at the same time, I published four books in the last year rather than one book in  two or three years. That's partly because I had several stories "under the bed".  So anyway, today's time suck:




A reissue, this book should be ready soon. The LAST of my backlist!!


And then some ads. I like the Cat ad, but I'm not happy with the Man ad.  It's OKAY. 





No comments:

Post a Comment